View Single Post
      11-26-2017, 09:46 AM   #18
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I was dead set on a lightly used Lexus ISF to replace my 2012 WRX. Then I came to the realization that I didn't know how to drive an automatic. I've got two kids (11 and 7 at the time) therefore needed the room in the back seat. I wanted something 2 door, RWD, manual, strong power, strong engine, good aftermarket, and refined. My options were a M235, Mustang GT350, M4, or 911. I just wasn't ready to thow down the cash for an M4 or 911 as it seemed it bit crazy to buy such a car when you're in your 40s and have young kiddos. If I got such a car at a young age, what would replace that? LOL. The 911 had minimal rear legroom as well. The GT350 was just too cheap on the inside, no real back seat, too big on the outside, and although the GT350 looks stellar, my God, Stangs are EVERYWHERE. I went with the M235, ordered it exactly the way I wanted, and saved quite a bit of money compared to the others, even including the ISF.

I really love this car and enjoy doing little mods and here and there to make it my own. You also don't see many at all. If I totaled it today, I'd get an M2 (wasn't available at the time). Until the kids are gone, I need a back seat. Once they're gone, I'll likely get a Cayman.
I was also dead set on 2011+ ISF lol, but nothing that I liked came along. And I also almost bought new Mustang GT (6-speed).....glad I didn't though not a fan of the looks anymore inside or out. Cayman S was always my dream car and I can afford to buy one, but it's too flashy for my job etc. I had S2000 and ended up in M235i. I still don't rule out ISF as a next car though if right on comes along at a good price. Every time I drive my wife's IS350 RWD, I kinda like it and just image how much better ISF is, but then when I jump in M235i, ISF doesn't make sense anymore because M235i is just a better car all around (just not a rare V8 Lexus with probably a better reliability in a long run...I say probably because even ISF has some issues and so far I had almost none with M235i, feels solid)
Appreciate 0