View Single Post
      12-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #15
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves View Post
I had to laugh at the other thread with people claiming they got 15-20K out of a set of Michelin PSSs on their M235i or 228iTHP.

Here is my front left after one year and 7800 miles. The front right is the same. The rears are fine, basically the same as the center section of the fronts all the way across.

I am a fairly aggressive driver, but this is mostly on suburban streets and freeway, so the hardest cornering it ever really sees is the local 270-degree on-ramp. I keep the pressures at 34-36, tested with two different hand gauges and the on-board sensors. The alignment is within spec, according to my friend with a tire shop who checked it on their Hunter Hawkeye.

I have never had tires wear this fast before, certainly not on my previous E82 and E93 both with Bridgestone RE050 run-flats. Is this *really* expected from these tires on the F-series front end with its lack of camber?

Reading this forum it's very easy to be "normalized" (new political word) into thinking that the solution is F8x LCAs and/or camber plates, but why should I have to do that, and why the hell is it set up like that in the first place?

I wish mine looked as good as your with the mileage you listed, though I probably do more cornering, at 20000 miles I'm on my third set of tire's. Get a second opinion but I do 37psi in my fronts and I think it helps.
Appreciate 0