danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
Since the computer is taking care of the temperatures then why not have warm up sequence like the M3 does. You can't rev past a certain point till its warmed up. I would be fine with that. Just want to know when its safe to push the car hard without forcing a problem. Even my 07 Lotus Exige S has temp sequence. It won't let me go over a certain rev till its warmed up. But it does have a temp gauge too.
I'm not sure how the 2 Series works yet, but in my E90 328i, I don't have a coolant temp gauge, much less an oil temp gauge. To determine when the engine is warmed up enough to rev hard, I use the on board computer to check the oil level (yes, I mean level). The interesting thing about the oil level is that it does not give a reading right away, it just shows a clock. Eventually, after say 10 minutes, it does give a reading. I've never been able to prove this, but my theory is that the system will not provide a reading until the engine has reached operating temperature. This is definitely a workaround, but maybe worth knowing.

Appreciate 0