06-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #68
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Vote with your wallet and not buy a car you really want over this? Then say goodbye to the future.

Want a temperature gauge? Spend $20 bucks and get a blutooth or wifi obd-2 adapter and a cheap app to measure.

Believe gauges are always useful? My wife's Cayenne had a stuck open thermostat. Did the gauge help? No, it read 185 when the car was armed up (pointing straight up). Yet the cel was on? With my $20 dongle and app, I read the cel and the actual temeprature was 165-168.

My grandpa complained about that missing gas stick and no front engine crank to start....

????

The gas stick was replaced by a fuel gauge! The crank was replaced by a an electric starter. The M235i gauge was replaced by a logo.

What is your point? You are saying we are not accepting progress. Most of us agree with that adding a fuel gauge was good progress as was an electric starter. How is a glowing logo progress?
Even if you are idiot light lover. Then BMW could replace the gauge with three idiot lights...cold, warm (operating temperature) and hot (pull over) then all the idiot light lovers will be happy and we could live with that and call it "progress."
Appreciate 0