Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
.... I just wanted that connection....
I hear you loud and clear...

My current 2018 M240i is actually the first non-MT sports car I have ever owned, and at this stage I can honestly say it will be also be my last.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the AT and for now it will do just fine The core reason I went with an AT this go round is the spouse. This is our new “play” car and she wants to use it also. Our last 3 weekend cars were of course MT’s, 2 Corvettes (C5 & C6) and a 2015 Mustang GT. She hated those cars because when I traveled out of town she couldn’t drive them. She blames me for not showing her, seems there was always something up when she asked for time to learn an MT.

She had nothing but complaints with the Corvettes, to loud, rough ride and she hated going to Corvette club meetings or auto shows. The Mustang did not fair better. The M240i, she absolutely loves, she smiles whenever she puts the car in Sport, she has quite the lead foot.

So since she loves the car, my plan is to keep the M240i for a year or two then end its current garage queen status and move over to the daily driver for the spouse. I would like to stay in the BMW family so will have to see what’s available when the switch happens, and when it does happens it will be a MT for sure.
BMW CCA #535395
SCCA #619713
Appreciate 0