View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #152
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
^^You guys do realize that the 1M was powered by a standard N54 production engine. Not a "special" S motor made by hand from ///M. Ok, I made up that made by hand crap. but you know what I am saying...

IF it worked the first time around(in the 1M) there is no reason to think ///M can't hit one outta the park - again!

While the M235i is powered by the N55 engine... my "sources" tell me it feels faster than the 1M(does) in straight line speed acell. And in the turns the M235i feels pretty darn good(from what I am told)due to the PSS's and stiffer chassis. I am hoping to test a M235i soon(BMW are you listening?).

I think once ///M puts a proper suspension on the 2er, the car will be a very nice canyon carver.

Also... the current N55's pull really well at high rpms. Even with the ZF 8AT(with the sport pack), its a GREAT package/combo! I don't know what BMW has changed but somethings different on the current N55's that I have driven.

And don't forget when the M2 finally does hit the streets, the M235i will go away. The M235i is only here to fill the void until the M2 is ready to come to the market.

Dackel
EXACTLY

and it's widely considered 'not a true M car'... calling it an M2 would be a mistake, it would have to be called a 2M, in line with the 1M

regardless, if it's equipped with an N55, it will never be as fast as a modified 1M with the N54, a motor much easier to modify, and that will produce much more power
Appreciate 0