View Single Post
      02-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #13
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post
Alright, so I think I'm beginning to get it. Now you say that dealers are only allocated a certain number of units, and they may or may not be allowed to sell above their allocation. Does that mean, hypothetically, one could walk into a dealer and be turned down because the dealer has reached their limit with allocations and isn't being permitted to go above? That seems next to impossible...

And to clarify, you said that if they're not selling out of their allocations, they're less likely to sell for a small profit since they'll be using up one of their spots. I'm not sure I'm following this part. If a dealer is selling outside of allocations, why is that using up a spot?

A dealer gets X allocations / month and they can't sell above their allocation.
Yes, for example dealers get only 1 or 2 M235 allocations per month at the moment so, most likely if you go to the dealer and want one, unless you have put a deposit already you will have to wait for the next untaken allocation.

Once they start selling out of allocations it won't be using one of their spots.. but right know BMW won't let dealers sell out of allocations cause there is too much demand
Appreciate 0