View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #61
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I fixed the tire/wheel issue (18x9 et42 square w/255s, coilovers/bushings). Still saved about $20k over the cost of a new M2, stock with all mods purchased.. I'll work one hard at the track, too, won't have a chance in stock form. Therefor, for me, I have the better and more capable car, that is uniquely tailored to my style, which is road/track with an emphasis on track handling. If you drove my car, today, and then drove a stock M2, you might find yourself wondering which is the "real" M car. Mechanical LSD > Electronic, imo, too.. Easier to predict and modulate mid turn, less "drift" focus, more grip focus..

All in my opinion, but I've always been a fan of an underdog build (to a degree) where you have the higher performer, at a significantly lower "all-in" ownership cost. Once you start going over that healthy balance of vehicle + mod costs, it's usually cheaper to buy the more "equipped/capable" car, in stock form than to mod, but in my case and with the M2**i options, it takes very little to get it where you would want it to be in relation to the M2's behaviours. It's like BMW fckd up, made the M2**i cars too good, and left no room for the M2. It's sad reality for an M2 owner who bought over the hype, and then dusted at the track by the m-lite edition... Can't complain with less $$ and performance..

Last edited by Dylan86; 03-20-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50