03-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #55
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
I'm not sure how the m240i is a better DD than the M2... The m240i has a slightly less aggressive suspension and is quiet in stock form, otherwise it's the same car. But, I'd argue that the M2 is also relatively quiet compared to other performance cars out there and the suspension is still very soft and comfortable.

With all that being said, I have an m240i because it was a much better value - roughly 15% off of msrp and 0% financing. At that time the M2s were still being traded for MSRP. Keep in mind that I wanted to track the car (two weekends a month) and knew that the M2 was a better car out of the box. But, after some Ohlins, wheels, and an LSD, I'd say that my car is probably as fast if not faster than a stock M2 around the track and I still have have another $10k to blow before I get to the MSRP on a comparably equipped M2.

*Side note, my friend just bought an M2 for $5k off of MSRP. He had a trade in so I am sure that had something to do with it but they did offer him $3k off without much of a fight or mention of a trade in*
Yeah I’ll be honest upgrading to the M2 from the M235 I was optimistic because I felt it had to be better. Honestly that’s not what I felt behind the wheel, I found myself missing the m235 so I sold the M2, took a little break from cars altogether and just got back into an M240 in January and love it!
Appreciate 3
BEM-S44516.50
Dylan861330.00
hz101171.00