View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 04:43 AM   #9
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
All the better that these have some meat on them - seat is probably one of the most essential safety items, and not a place to skimp on strength, especially w/o a full cage (you hope you never need it, but that is what keeps you from jetting out the back or side window in some crashes).

And they look great too. How hard was the install, and any CEL problems w/ cancelled airbags?
I brought it to a shop for installation. The shop is experienced with installing recaro's (which is good because instructions are in Japanese). It looked straightforward. Install rails on new seats, remove old seats, install the cancel side airbag thingy, then install new seats. No CEL with the cancelled airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfastic View Post
when you install after markets seats, do u lose all functionality of the m sport seats?

i.e. my seats, go front back, and tilts both the back and the leg cushion.

i understand losing the electric bolster control, but that leg cushion tilt i really like...
Yep, pretty much lose all function except move front/back, and tilt back seats. But I feel the seats are perfect, only need to tilt the back to adjust. I don't find the need to adjust anything else. Of course, you should try the seats first before you make a decision.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3852.50