View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #62
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0tsuya View Post
Actually those are objective performance metrics, very much relevant to a performance vehicle. There are other more "subjective" metrics such as suspension feel, steering feel, etc. But you can't just dismiss corning g-force numbers as devoid of meaning, no more than we can dismiss steering feel and the way the tail slides out.

However, all else being equal, the vehicle with the better numbers is the better car.

Now whether the better car is really the right car for you, well that's another matter altogether, because different people look for different things.

In my case I'm compensating for my small penis. That's what you 4-banger people are thinking anyway so why not just come right out and say it.
As long as one is locked into a paradigm that more/less of any particular attribute that they happen to favor makes a product objectively "better", this discussion won't make progress. There is no better movie, better cake, better hotel...any category you can imagine. The concept, itself, is flawed...there are only differences in the real world, and each individual assigns a personal value to them. The egocentrism of trying to assign an objective verdict of superiority to the attributes one person or a group of people value is the error to push back against. One might as well argue a white car is a better car than a black car because heat rejection is the most personally prized characteristic, making the absurdity of the projection of personal preferences more obvious.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0