View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 05:15 AM   #59
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Well, yes, if you define "better" to mean better numbers (and you get to pick which numbers to use) then the car with the better numbers is the better car.

Personally, driving around Livingston Country, even in my generally illegal style, I don't often get close to the top speed, or the skid-pad number, and only rarely get to do a 0-60 run. I often blast up to around 80 on the freeway (since that's Michigan minimum standard freeway speed).

I take roundabouts as fast as one can safely do. I might pass someone on a two-lane, if they persist in driving the limit instead of 9 over like you're supposed to.

I listen to Sirius XM or switch to the news station at weather time. I take inordinate joy in saying to the car "Show tire pressure" and seeing that it does it. I was amazed when I said "Navigate to Griffith Veterinary Medicine" and it did that, too.

It's cold in the mornings, and I like the feeling of the seat heaters on my aging cold behind. I discovered the lumbar support in the seat the other day and found it eased the pain I got from lifting something I shouldn't have. When the weather's something like warm, which I define as around 60 and sunny, I put down the top. With the top down I can savor the sound of the MPE, which is nearly good but not as raspy as I'd like.

I am surprisingly fond of the rear-view camera, since vision out the back of a convertible is poor. The car is small enough to be fairly quick on its feet, and it fits in the garage nicely while leaving plenty of room in front to get in the door to the house.

There's a convenient little compartment to keep my granola bars in, to munch on after exercise class.

Those are just a few of the things that go into making a car "better" for me. As for the size of my unit, well, at my age, that's mostly irrelevant.
Appreciate 4