View Single Post
      12-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #49
Mjpgolf1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23 Vert

I actually hate when these threads come up. I feel like people need to come and justify their purchase to try and make themselves feel better about what they bought and why instead of just enjoying their car for what it is and how it makes them feel.

There is a reason that Bmw charges more for an M240 over the 230, and that reason is that the 240 is a better car, period. That doesn’t mean that it’s a better car for any single person, but on paper, on the road, and on a race track it’s a better, faster car. I drive these cars every single day back to back to back. I sell them for a living so I get a real grasp of what’s really what and I get to compare them constantly. I know some of you guys maybe drove a 230 and an m240 back to back before and maybe didn’t think there was much difference, but when you drive them all the time you get a really good feel for what the actual differences are and how dramatically separated they are in terms of power and performance. There is a huge difference between the power delivery of the m240 and a 230. It’s not even close. There is almost 100 hp difference separating the two cars which is obviously going to be very noticeable. 230 owners can’t honestly say that they didn’t feel much difference between the two cars because there is a massive difference. Sure the 230 is a fun car when properly equipped, but the m240 is a beast and there is no comparing the two in terms of performance. When you get down in that under 5 second 0 to 60 mark a full second difference is huge and can definitely be felt so the mid 4 second run compared to the mid 5 second run of the 230 is a really big difference. Also stating that the 230 feel lighter up front is just another excuse to justify yet again.

Just enjoy the hell out of what you own and don’t worry about why you bought it. Whether you couldn’t afford the more expensive car or just didn’t need that much car doesn’t change the fact that the m240 is a very different beast than a 230.
Appreciate 2
harma24402.50
Y0tsuya77.00