03-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #111
jbasedow30
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '09 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Repugnant and hilarious? We call it sport orientated and competitive.
Its our response to a growth segment that continuously appeals to new customers. We know exactly who we are aiming for with the Active Tourer and we also look forward to a previous BMW customer who has had to leave the brand in order to grow their family unit.

That "Garbage" is being sent to America because the management see Active Tourer as a second car to a primary BMW. Some customers would trade domestic or import vans for a BMW.
You cannot support production for a large market based on five people from a forum in regards to the M135i. That is the Reality.

No one should be embarrassed to drive the Active Tourer as it drives well and if the car is being used as it was designed for. Then at least the owner knows that his BMW is not only flexible but fulfils his/her requirements perfectly.
Sport oriented and competitive? Really? To what? No one is trading their vans, which can seat 8, for a premium priced AT that can barely seat 5.

Re: the m135i - You can save the hyperbole. It's quite clear there is a market for a hatch. VW gets it.

This post says everything you need to know about BMW's delusional vision and the direction of the brand.
Appreciate 0