08-18-2022, 04:53 PM   #17
atek
I like biscuits
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajowhan View Post
I use eco mode for maybe first 2 weeks of ownership of the car. Once I went comfort, I never went back.

I always start at least first 10 mins of my drive in comfort, light on pedal letting car warm up. Then if Im just cruising to and back from work or when my wife is in the car, I stay mostly in comfort. I switch to sport whenever Im going at a faster pace for example, (When there is another fast car, when Im trying to get somewhere on a schedule, or when I really need to heed nature's call..)

I might be one of the rare few that don't really care much about sport+. I don't really feel the difference between sport and sport+. Depending on how fast I go, Im about 50/50 manual shifting vs auto shifting on sport
Unless you've reconfigured it, Sport = comfort suspension with sport engine and drivetrain

sport + = sport everything

I will concur, the first start of the day ill leave it in comfort for about 5-10 min during warm up. Then straight to sport +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
ECO mode makes my M235 6MT drive like the 98hp 1987 Toyota 4X4 my wife had back in college.

I also fail to see how ECO mode actually improves MPG because it requires prolonged and heavy usage of the throttle to get up to speed thus uses more fuel than moderately getting up to speed with a more sensitive throttle. Contrary to popular belief, getting up to speed moderately is more fuel efficient than lumbering along up to speed......and it's a hell of a lot more enjoyable.
100% agree
Appreciate 0