View Single Post
      10-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #46
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Gosh I really hope this report is wrong. I read the article over dinner and it really disappointed me. I drive 100 miles a day with heavy traffic at times, so the last thing I want is a traditional manual transmission. The DCT in my 335is is the nicest transmission I've ever driven (well tied with PDK), it is silky smooth when cruising or slugging in traffic, but a responsive monster in the canyons.

I think it is foolish overall for BMW to limit this car to manual only. Sure, many people will be cross shopping this with the more expensive M4 (including me), but I also stand to reason that many will say forget it and look elsewhere for their 'daily driver, do everything' car. If this car is offered with a DCT, I reckon it will make up >75% of sales of the M2. It's simply the best of all worlds.

You know what really bums me the most is the people who say "Good, screw anything that's not a manual and those that wouldn't buy one". Some people will of course prefer a stick to their graves, but why deny other enthusiasts the option of something they'll enjoy? It's not like the automatic guys are shoving it in your face that manuals aren't being offered on some cars, we just like what we like and mind our own business. Overzealous Manual purists are too busy trying to prove something, instead of enjoying theirs cars