Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Won't have to go far..I'd do a ED M3 @$57k and feel pretty damn good about it instead of second guessing my purchase of a $5000 cheaper vehicle that will never come close to delivering the same performance.

But...I guess BMW wants this all along. Worm on a hook.

So why use ED pricing for your base model M3 and not for the M2? My guess is this thing comes in at $50995, or with standard Nav at 52895. Thats a 10k swing. Guess what.....thats a chunk of money. Its getting really hard to read all these comments complaining about a car that we really still dont know much about, but we are screaming to be made but want BMW to just give it to us.

Everything is done for a reason. My prediction is that this car is going to be amazing. I hope the thing comes with cloth. This is the car BMW fans have been screaming for. WE say they have lost their way and this is their answer. Yet, we are crying about leather seats and 20 million drivetrain settings?!
Sigh...because... Even @ ED OF $50k the M2 comes dangerously close to another car I'm cross shopping. The Gt350 which I get on A PLAN (employee pricing). Soooo no cryin from me I just know what the hell I want. I love the fact the M2 will exist and will be a pure driver focused car.
But it will not deliver the performance at the price point that I can have with a couple other cars. You can scream refinement against bmw's M2 vs a GT350 but I'll say bullshit. Come sit in my wife's loaded 228i m sport and that car screams plastic panels. M2 will feature pretty much the same interior. On refinement levels gt350 will = m2.

So in conclusion I may trickle over to the M3 on a ED program. It's merely a personal choice. Like I said no complaining here just at that price for MY money, the M2 doesn't work for me. It's all.

And because I don't want a premium seat with blue stitching, I want this...
Attached Images