View Single Post
      06-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #14
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grychen View Post
I am sorry I had to ask a question like this, but it was really pain in my ass.

I live in NY/NJ city area, reputedly for retards and assholes. Yesterday when I stopped my 235 by a red light, a mustang approached to me from rear and it was super close to my car.

I was not feeling comfortable, turned my head back and stared at him. He shaken his shoulders and moved even closer. As I didn't feel get hit from rear, I just moved forward after traffic light turned to green.

After I got home, rear bumper got a little scratch on it. I was regret that I didn't get out of the car and calling a cop.

What you guys would do when someone saw a rare car and trying to irritate you? I dont wanna just buy a bumper amor/cushion stuff to avoid things like this.
First i make sure i am far enough back from the car in front of me. I do this by being able to see the bottom of there rear tires from my seated position. This will give you enough space to move around the car if a car from behind can't stop (avoid an accident). Or if you don't move it should be enough space to keep you from hitting the car in front.

But I have used that extra space to inch up if someone does stop very close. And if they keep inching up on me i have put my car in reverse to show my back up lights and 90% of the time the person has stopped inching on my car.
Definitely frustrating that others don't care about there car which means they don't care about any others. It doesn't have to be some exotic car, its just taking pride in the things you own and do.