View Single Post
      03-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #22
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blbroo View Post
Isn't the trans in the A6 a ZF8 like BMW uses? I know a lot of Audi drivers and haven't heard many complaints at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmclone View Post
BMW owners questioning Audi vehicles on quality. Interesting.
The track record is very clear for us. 2 BMW (2015 and 2018)and 1 Mini Countryman (2018) on the BMW UKL platform with BMW powertrain, all delivered with no issues and one BMW developed one rattle. That's it. Compare to the Audi list I posted above.

As to the trans, it may or may not be the same trans, but the behaviors couldn't be more different, which may be the vehicle adaptation by the individual manufacturer/engineering team. For fuel economy, Audi appears to want to stuff several upshifts into the acceleration before reaching 30mph, and they are not well executed. The trans in the Mini Countryman and the 3 Series are seamless and slick...beautiful automatics. The Audi is a surging mess, and the techs who drove it confirmed the problem but said for the 2016+ A6, there is no fix.

Some with older Audis may have had better outcomes, but our 2016 A6 is a basketcase, and given the lack of support from Audi, I can see no reason to ever consider that brand again. Based on quality alone, I'd take another BMW without reservations.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0