View Single Post
      10-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #23
JoyRin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethemanuals View Post
When you say chatters, what exactly do you mean? This thread seems to be talking about power (I don't experience that, launches are pretty smooth for me) but every time I take off in this car the engine makes this awful clicking sound, and also only when it's warm. It sounds like the engine wants to stall. Anyone else had that happen?

(By the way, I'm not just letting the clutch out and allowing the engine to shake...This happens even when I rev to about 1200 and slowly let the clutch out while maintaining revs)
After re-reading the thread, maybe my issue is different from OP's. When im releasing the clutch (when car is warm), it feels the the engagement is skipping for a lack of a better word. This skipping is the 'thud-thud-thud' im talking about. When i first drive the car in the morning, i can release the clutch while giving it very little rpms (~800rpms) and it just goes. Smooth engagement. Only when driving for a while does it start chattering. If you've ever driven a subaru, its a common thing on cold starts. But again, mine does it when its warm.

Wanted to add: Basically its the same sound/sensation as when releasing the clutch with no gas and the engine/car starts shaking. But in my case, im giving it gas and the sound/sensation is somewhat amplified. The slower i release the clutch, the more it thuds as its fully engaging. If i give it a little more gas and release quicker, it'll thud just once as it fully engages, but sacrifice a smooth takeoff.

Last edited by JoyRin; 10-29-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0