Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
funny everyone here wants the focus rs, over in europe they want a mustang, even a low spec trim one over the focus.
The Focus is off-topic, but the main reason I looked at it is because it's a practical car that's fun. AWD, 4 doors, a hatch, and a 350/350 engine. I'm not a track rat, but do try to go to one HPDE event per year, and I think the Focus would fit the bill as a daily driver and occasional track car. Plenty of folks over on the RS forums have tracked their cars without issue.

That said, now that the 1LE Camaro is in dealer showrooms and can be had at discount below the $44K MSRP, that seems to be the way to go if you want a bargain track car close to the performance of a GT350.
Regarding the Focus RS... I owned one for 3 months. Don't buy the 350hp/350tq, the car is slow. It's dead unless you use launch control from a stop and the lag is brutal! The car looks awesome and is still fun to drive but if you enjoy being thrown back in your seat stay away. It's also soooo front wheel drive bias. Just my experience.

It will get way more attention than the 2 series though. People go nuts for the look of that car.
Appreciate 0