View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

I've run the Pirelli Sotozero's on my F30 and they were very capable. They didn't give up too much in day to day handling (you could still hoon around with the car) and I drove them through several bad storms over the last 3 years here in NY. I found that once you got to snow that was accumulated a few inches on the roads (~3"+ that driving at anything higher than 30-40mph was sketchy) but at that point you shouldn't be driving that fast anyways.

I was in a RWD car, and if I lived in an area that had very steep inclines, I would have chosen a more aggressive snow tire like the Blizzaks. It would give up some of the dry handling performance for better snow handling.

Since I rarely need to go into work when it snows (I will take my wife's truck or stay home) the Sotozero's did a great job when I got caught in an unexpected storm - including some that stranded many people in cars with All seasons.

As far as fitment - I would stick to a square setup since it enables you to rotate the wheels. The extra few MM of width will not help you in the snow.