05-25-2015, 04:14 AM   #22
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Do you have aftermarket springs or anything non-stock on the suspension?
No - stock everything.

I'm more and more suspicious towards these miraculously changed measurement results; the service people might be reluctant to spend too much time trying to get the (not-so-great, after all) toe misalignment back into specs while maintaining the dead-central steering wheel position when driving on a straight line - so they might've setup the second measurement in some "special way"; they called me over from the client's longue to the shop just to show me all correct values displayed while the cameras and stuff were all still on the vehicle.. They never could explain my questions on how it's possible for the geometry to change by itself; even the basic question remained unanswered - and it went as follows:

- suppose the first ("bad") readings were somehow influenced by inadvertently knocking on the steering wheel when the mechanic was getting off the car, or anything of that sort - so in fact, the wheels we slightly off the straight position (to the left, if you take a look at my first attachment). But then, the inner's wheel angle should be greater to the left than that of the outer's (right wheel)...

I'm more and more suspicious towards these miraculously changed measurement results; the service people might be reluctant to spend too much time trying to get the (not-so-great, after all) toe misalignment back into specs while maintaining the dead-central steering wheel position when driving on a straight line - so they might've setup the second measurement in some "special way"; they called me over from the client's longue to the shop just to show me all correct values displayed while the cameras and stuff were all still on the vehicle.. They never could explain my questions on how it's possible for the geometry to change by itself; even the basic question remained unanswered - and it went as follows:

- suppose the first ("bad") readings were somehow influenced by inadvertently knocking on the steering wheel when the mechanic was getting off the car, or anything of that sort - so in fact, the wheels we slightly off the straight position (to the left, if you take a look at my first attachment). But then, the inner's wheel angle should be greater to the left than that of the outer's (right wheel)...

Why is it still bugging me? Well, it might be auto-suggestion - but I notice a tendency for tram-lining I never noticed before the incident...

What do you think?
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD

Last edited by moldcad; 05-25-2015 at 04:35 AM..
Appreciate 0