msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwinterr View Post
Yes,

Point is, BMW should offer additional choices at the point of sale, and not need to wait until after the fact

I'm not sure how the Torque News article is "fake news"?
I would completely agree with the point that BMW dealers seem to do very little in terms of profiling of customer needs and then matching of these to a particular model and specification. But I daresay they are on tough targets and have little spare time for this, plus giving advice is fraught with liability issues. Conversely, no dealer should be letting a customer do 14 replacements using exactly the same tyre without the sort of dialogue we've seen on this thread.

I'm probably being careless with the 'fake news' tag. I just get exasperated - when I worked for a tyre manufacturer what I read in the driver reviews bore absolutely no resemblance to the real pros (and cons) of the product. And it still seems to be the case. I don't mean the systematic tyre tests, but the subjective thoughts and rehash of undocumented assertions. No tyre is perfect but many articles are way off the mark, even in terms of what the downsides are, which is a disservice to their readers. It's like a car review saying the M240i is 4 cylinders or that an xDrive is bad in the snow.

Last edited by msej449; 07-21-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0