View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

I don't need an M2 but I want one! The 235i is a great machine but a tad on the soft side. The sound is good but not great, steering could be a little quicker and give you some feedback and it could be a little lighter but it is obviously a better platform than the 1 series ever could be.

The key is the longer wheelbase. It will give it better high speed stability. Having owned a 1M, it was exciting at any speed but the short wheelbase made it go sideways easily. The better aerodynamics of the 2 series will give it a better top end which hampered the 1M at high speed compared to the M3. The rear of the M2 will be better than the 1 series because it has a little more leg room for those of us that have to carry kids and most of all the better throttle response of the newer motors will make easier to drive at the limit.

I don't like getting my hopes up because BMW tends to soften things up but the 2 series is a better starting point so I still want an M2. BMW, please make it but make it harder edged like the old STis, EVOs and yes, even the 1M.
Appreciate 0