View Single Post
      03-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #61
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
lots of good perspectives in here, but I agree the most telling thing will be your driving both

here's my experience:

I was looking for a replacment for my 2016 Cayman S and I test drove a 2018 M2. I found the engine felt like your typical turbo engine with significant lag and basically felt like a more powerful version of the engine in the m235i I had tested 2 years prior. The ride was noticeably rough and harsh. It sounded amazing!

The turbo lag and ride though made it a no go for me. I actually ended up going with an m240i as I felt the b58 was less laggy and the ride was much better.

Predictably I got bored of the m240i and so looked as the M2C. Test drove one and noticed the ride was more composed, not much different than the m240i. The engine while still obviously a turbo with lag, felt more naturally aspirated and had more character to it in the way it revved and SOUNDED GOOD INSIDE the car. The handling was very sharp and focused.

I was still meh about the car overall, but there was no other compact manual car out there that appealed, so I ordered one.

I've actually grown to really enjoy the car.

Anyhow that's my experience for what it's worth.
Theres no turbo lag with these engine,

Unless you drive it in comfort and expect it to be instant boost there is no lag
Appreciate 0