10-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
1. There won't be any ounce of compliance in the suspension/bushings/engine/trans mounts like there is in the M235i

2. The N55B30T0 is basically a detuned S55/N55 hybrid

3. The wide body is absolutely gorgeous and puts the car in another realm of style and presence

4. Its basically the E46 M3 / "right sized F8X" we've all been asking for

Here's why you all should stop complaining:

1. BMW enthusiasts have frequently cited the e36 m3 as g-ds gift to man kind - the car had an upgraded M52 that only revved to 7k without the ITBs and other complexities of the S50 along with absolutely zero distinction from an M tech E36 316/18/20/23/25/28. Ok, so we only got the M tech model in 1994 and 1999 as the 325is and 328is but still my point is valid. It wasn't even that aggressive or stiff in stock form, although it handled extremely well and had great proportions (M235i's predecessor anyone?). At least the e36 had M mirrors

2. The M2 will be extremely hard core like the e46 m3. Stuff, rough, and I'm sure much more sonorous. It's wide body, like the e46. It's got the amazing M diff from the F8x and even the gray gauges with orange needles (like the e46 and f8x). So what if it doesn't have M mirrors????

It's the e46 reborn and the downsized F8x we've all been asking for!!

This may very well be the last non hybrid, non Xdrive, manual, RWD, hard core track machine that BMW offers us enthusiasts. So I think it's time we buy as many as we can and show BMW our appreciation for not forgetting about us diehards. Who knows, maybe if we buy enough of them we'll can prevent BMW from making the next 2 series a fwd SUV convertible with 10 seats and a CVT...
1. The 235i and the M4 have very similar suspension feels
2. It has 'pistons' from an S55 with the top ring. The N55 & S55 are entirely and completely separate engines. Taking such a small factor from one engine and putting it into another doesn't make it a hybrid. It's a tuned up N55, like what the X4 M40i will be getting. Like the 1M. This isn't even 235i vs M2. It's simple compare/contrast. If I put an apple seed in a watermelon, does that make the watermelon 'basically an apple'? No.
3. That's your opinion. I like the widebody, of course, but the front/rear bumpers are gaudy.
4. Same can be said for 235

1. Completely and entirely irrelevant. Not even sure why this was mentioned.
2. Grey gauges and orange needles? I wouldn't buy one just for that.
3. Same can be said for the 235.

I think you're getting your hopes up of what you THINK the M2 will be like. Sure, It won't handle/feel like the 235, but it's not different/better/better looking enough for my liking. But if all that is why you have to justify to yourself into getting one then be my guest.

The M235i got so much hate because of the M before the 235 and for some reason this M2 is getting more praise than anything BMW has done in recent years and I truthfully don't get it. If BMW never came out with the m235i and just came out with the 235i as the M2, it would SURELY get the same praise the M2 is now. It's all hype. People wanted M2 and it truthfully didn't matter what BMW did with it, people were going to love it.
Appreciate 1