08-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #85
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
My concerns are not at all having to do with performance. The 235i I drove has incredible power and if I ever get bored of it I'm fucked anyways because I'm already driving way too fast at that point.

My concerns are prettymuch 100% regarding the interior and comfort. The C450 AMG I drove didn't quite have the same steering feel in sport mode as the M235 I drove, but the cabin was a lot more comfortable, had more features (including the HUD which is really convenient to me), and just was a better ride.

I'm sorry but no matter what anyone says the M235i's interior does NOT feel like a 50k car. The leather is nice but it doesn't match the comfort of a Merc on the interior. The M240 would also give me less space to bring luggage / people and I'd wonder if 3 years down the road I'd be wishing I had chosen the C43 AMG / C450 AMG. I'll get 90%+ of the sportiness, but a whole lot more luxury, space and practicality.

The fact that I'm on the fence about which car to get shows just how good the M235 drives, though.
Now this I can agree with. Merc and Audi kill BMW in terms of interior look and feel. Not enough for me to make the switch due to lack of a manual trans, but I do enjoy their interiors. When I feel that itch I just jump into my wife's Merc lol.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0