05-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #19
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Overly general.

If we go back only 10 years, the Germany & UK alone accounted for far more than the USA. Ten years before that, USA was half what Germany alone was doing. It's a bit of an assumption, or myth, that the USA was/is such a big deal for BMW, I mean, as a single country it is a big market, but I don't think it has ever accounted for much more than 20% of sales, at its peak.
Asia is the region I am more or less associated with. And China overtook the US as BMWs no 1 market in 2012. It was on the strength of this that led to China market decisions on the X1 and X3 Li but also the upcoming compact Sedan.
Projection wise we are expecting big things from the new sedan as we have already started our step by step marketing plan by gaining demographic interest in this entirely new concept from a premium manufacturer.

Its a youthful car aimed at customers of the C-segment who would like a BMW but cannot reach financially? Or are limited to pre-owned.
Given BMWs reputation as a youthful brand in China and across Asia in General it is no surprise the amount of "Fake BMW" in other words domestics with BMW badges or kidney grilles that can be found amongst the populations youth.

The car is being tested across special clinics and it is strategic to have all options available to customers within a window from standard launch and that includes M Performance plus accessories and iPerformance PHEV.

Its acceptance in China is key for introduction to other global markets.
But given what we have seen so far projections for the new car are considerable as the C-segment in China is still growing when luxury sales are declining.
Potentially we are looking at at least 100,000 units by at least eighteen months(projected).