04-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #143
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: BUS PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Those fancy "Alcantara seats" are completely outclassed by BMW seats, in fact they lack tilt control for the seat-cushion which means they can't be adjusted comfortably for some drivers.

Also in Subaru you don't have 3-times-blink turn indicator which makes changing lanes a chore. Moreover the gas pedal is top-hinged causing difficulty in consistent throttle control (translation: your shifting is not so smooth)

And if you look at Subaru specsheet the car has surprisingly low ground clearance at only 125mm (compared to BMW's 130mm). This means that in winter it will double as a snow plow: 4WD notwithstanding. At least the previous Subaru STI had 150mm ground clearance, what are they trying to achieve with the new one ?

Subaru looks good in magazine ads until you start analyzing it in detail and then the magic bubble bursts. That car has some serious ergonomic and functional deficiency even compared to lower-specs BMW like my 128i. In short: STI feels like a step down from what we take for granted. The new M235i doesn't because it only improves and builds on things that make BMW, well, a BMW.
seriously
Appreciate 0