View Single Post
      03-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #44
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandenhaute View Post
First review I see where they make an actual comparison with the E82 and it says exactly what I was hoping not to read:

"Sad to say, we all like the old car a smidge better. Let’s chat again once we get an M235i with a stick shift and a limited-slip. I’m betting I’m going to like it a lot more. Mike probably will, too. But for the moment, a damn fine, pretty car doesn’t beat an ugly little one that was transcendent."

Enough said... The same was said in a comparison between a E90 328i and a F30, good car, just not as good as the one it replaces.

I really want to read that the new one is better than the old one in order to have a better alternative when it will be time to replace it. I don't want to fork $5000 more for the new one (at comparable equipment) to get something that is not as exciting (and forget the stuff about the better interior, I am totally fine with the one of my car...
From everything I'm reading I'm tempted to add a ppk to my 135i instead of this. However on pricing from what I've seen the M235i is cheaper when similarly optioned than the 135i leave alone the 135is. It's bigger, heavier, looks way better and cheaper.

Let's see what the LSD does. That is the only thing going for this car IMHO.
Appreciate 0