View Single Post
      02-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #33
tommy
Benz Interloper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 Benz C230, 1990 CRX ZcSi

IMHO, if BMW wants the positive from Mish badging, they should also be willing to take the negatives as well. So everyone should put on their big boy pants and realize that it's a pretty lame idea, just as lame as Audi and Caddy, where they think that people really can only understand one letter at a time. They certainly could have called it anywhere in the A-N range to denote these less than M cars (or even done a whacky lower case m "solution"), and chose to intentionally muddy the ranks for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, reviewers really need to get over the current BMW badging issues. They're being lazy and picking the low-hanging fruit. Once you get past his silly chest-thumping, it's a pretty good review, which is good.

But I have to agree with the OP - the lack of temp gauges is annoying and I would have to say just plain wrong. It's almost as dumb-headed as Mercedes killing the dipsticks (which are now starting to reappear, thankfully). And having to pony up $389 to stick something in my vent is an answer to a question that shouldn't have to be posed.
Appreciate 0