First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunner View Post
You don't get it. There is no cool air in an engine bay. The OEM air intake system is totally better then any silly AFe pod filter set up. The OEM air intake system get its "colder" air from in front of the coolant radiator where positive pressure is developed when you are driving. That positive pressure forces the "colder" air into your stock intake. Removing that OEM system and placing a pod filter in the engine bay to suck up hot air is simply silly not to mention stupid. Remember, colder air equates to better combustion. It is just physics. Not rocket science.

An entertaining video for you.

E N J O Y !
As I was scrolling through this thread I was hoping that someone would point this out. Good job! Thanks for saving me time to post the same thing. I guess people don't think that BMW has the ability to figure out how to optimize the intake system, but some guy fabricating stuff in his garage can. I couldn't imagine making this out of any worse material than metal pipe. So after you drag the air in from the hottest part of the car you can make sure its good and hot by running it through a metal pipe that is 300 degrees. Brilliant!
Appreciate 0