View Single Post
      01-14-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 CS SMB

Hey guys, I ended up purchasing a replacement set of DWS06 for my car in the OEM size.

WOW, what a difference! I honestly wish I drove to the tire place right from the dealership. My car rides exactly how I want it to. It might be too soft for some of you hard core track guys, but for daily driving on the stupid roads of Philadelphia, it's as sporty as you can reasonably go. I don't think it will absorb a pothole impact like a thick sidewalk would, but driving over broken pavement and manhole covers are absorbed even better than a 17" 45/55 profile RFT on a 3/5 series (like I wanted to trade my car for).

Another HUGE thing, is that these tires feel like there's much less rolling resistance, which has changed the car in several ways. Specifically, gear shifts are smoother because I lose less speed between gears, engine braking is actually necessary (before, with the pilot super sports, coasting was as effective as engine braking), and the steering feels a little lighter and more communicative. The car generally feels lighter on its feet. I think I'm going to see an increase in MPG as well, but I'll have to do a high way trip to confirm. I give these DWS06 a 12/10.

Oh, and they also come with a 12 month road hazard warranty from continental! (Which hopefully I won't need)