07-15-2015, 04:58 AM   #30
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethemachine
So, coming from the Mustang GT, how is your experience with the 228i?
Well the first thing you notice is the weight. It doesn't feel like I'm constantly having to manage where the weight of the car is going to shift to. Don't get me wrong, the 5.0 with the Track Package and RECARO seats is a great handling combo. I was keeping up with the M3's that were stock on the track. Much harder to drive that fast but still right there.

The next thing is the missing instant power. The turbo is great once it spoils up and you going. Trying to keep the engine in the power band takes some getting used to versus being able to pull away from a stop in the first three gears should you choose to in the Mustang.

The last thing is the build quality over a Ford. The cabin is so much nicer and having leather is great as well as the Cold Weather package. I do miss the Mustang's RECARO's since I didn't get the Sport seats. I plan on replacing them later with proper racing seats anyway.

The fuel usage is half what it was in the Stang. I was averaging around 17.5/gal and now I'm at 30. I don't miss the extra 25mph at the top since I very rarely drive that fast. The fastest I usually drive in the unrestricted sections is 110-120mph anyway.

The maintenance cost is none so I'm not gonna miss the 9 quarts of 5w-50 royal purple every 5 months or so. I drive my cars the way they were intended. No Garage Queens at my house.

Prost!!!
Appreciate 1