07-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
What? He did mean the 19" 359M wheels and *PS2s from the 1M, right? What about the bespoke PSS on the M135i, not good enough?
+1. He doesn't seem to have a clear idea of what he is talking about. I will believe that car is faster than the 1M around any ring when I see that they are properly tested by the same driver at the same day wearing same/similar tires and not just a number thrown in front of consumers by the BMW Headquarters vs. another number from a couple of years ago. Otherwise it is just marketing talk and only meaningful news for the waiting customers of M235i seems to be that it will have a "proper lsd" (that 30% locking one for the 435i for sure), though it is yet not clear for how much.

A possible (M chief did not confirm yet) M2 should be faster than the 1M though, no doubt about that, otherwise wouldn't make much sense, would it? And yes, then the M3/M4 better be even faster than that M2 which will automatically mean that they will both be faster than actual M5/M6, if they want to keep things straight.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0