View Single Post
      07-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #36
Hops128i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i, manual, sport pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Just like a jet fighter with advance fly by wire electronics will never feel like a WW2 fighter. But technology must move forward. Purists can fly the WW2 plane; give me the F22 fighter!
The question is not technology moving forward, but how you want it to move forward, and what is fun. If we're talking airplanes, my most unforgettable flying experiences have been in a sailplane, not in a 777 (as a passenger). And the sailplane was not a low tech machine.

A so called 'purist' isn't anti-technology, they want interaction in the sensory experience of piloting/driving whatever craft. For example, a reliable 10k redlining NA engine made with exotic materials, instead of investing in drive by wire crap.

So yeah, give me a WW2 inspired plane built with modern materials, and standards of reliabilty, over a overly complicated, expensive F22.