View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #52
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Thanks for the info SCOTT, appreciate it.

The 6-er is the M650d Gran Coupe (according to SCOTT) there is an LCI M5 though.

The Rolls is a Rolls and not a Bentley.
I think by looking at the wheels of the 6 that it is an M6 Gran Coupe. The car still tests even after launch up to press launch. I have seen a 650d which will be evident by its M-Sport aeropacket and M Performance alloys.

Little piece of trivia for you all. Every car in that compound will eventually be crushed.

Quote:
Scott, very interested to hear your impressions of the 3GT after your trip - your questions are exactly what I am wondering; ie, if it handles like a 3er with a little more luxury interior, that could be a winner - from the pics I actually thought the M Sport looked ok, though always hard to tell until you see it in the metal!

Very much looking forward to hearing your impressions.
So far I have not had the opportunity to properly exploit the car as we will be leaving in around two hours from now. but my first impressions are very impressive , its still a 3er but with added individuality and flexibility.

The car is very quiet in that it is well insulated to keep road noise to a bare minimum, it is almost similar to a 3er in how it drives if not a little more refined and just as quick. I ran a 320d till around this time last year till June and was impressed by the overall competency , I am hoping the 3er GT will return the same.
The interior is first rate , there is higher standard of leather and individual stitching to lift the interior from its 3er origins. Cargo space is impressive but it is fitted with the roof attatched ski-rack. It will certainly be a talking point at its destination.

The M-Sport Packet is stunning in reality. The wheels seen in the scooped LA picture are the optional 19"over the standard 18".