Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race 1 View Post
disagree, those are just the 2 options that I enjoy or want in my vehicles. I dislike "packages" because they all contain items that arent really needed. Lets say they have a technology package, which includes nav, for $3,000. Thats all fine and great but I do not need 3 out of the 7 items included, and out of the 7 items included all I really want is the navigation. SO, I rather be able to have a few options and just select "nav" for $1,800 and call it a day, then have to select a "package" because it is the only way to get the nav in the vehicle. Know what I mean? This is what they did on the 1M and that's why it kept costs low and people got "exactly how they wanted it" and why till this day they still LOVE their cars ... besides the fact that it is a great car in general.
well when i think of 'simple' i think of stripper versions with little or no options. Navigation is one of the more complex options you can get in terms of weight and altering the way the interior looks and feels (electrical wires, idrive, different dash, etc). you may like comfort access and that's fine....but i don't think it qualifies as 'simple'.

i personally really like having Nav and iDrive....so could never buy a BMW without one, but i don't think of them as part of a 'simple' setup. Maybe it's just the word simple that i found questionable!
Appreciate 0