View Single Post
      02-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #36
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns21 View Post
Yes, I was reading about the f22 reliability topic and was shocked to see that CR says above average for the 2 series. Where are they getting the data for this, since the f22 has only been in production since 2013? I was also impressed that it won a JP Power & Associates initial quality study award. How is the quality in the 2 series different that that of the f30? I can say that my 2013 320i xDrive was very disappointing in terms of interior quality from the start. The trim is cheap silver plastic which is scratched and looks tacky, with wide gaps around the edges on the door pull handles. The plastic trim around the audio and climate stacks can be pressed in almost a half an inch because it is so thin. The plastic on the transmission tunnel is entirely hard-touch plastic. The soft touch plastic paneling on doors is damaged from entering and exiting the vehicle. Why would you put a soft, pliable material that is going to be struck by shoes or boots on the door and then place black, hard plastic where my knee rests? Did BMW learn a thing or two from the first two production years of the f30 in terms of reliability and quality? I have only experienced the 2 series at the dealer, auto shows, and once as a loaner- hardly enough seat time to judge it versus the f30 model I've had for 3 years. Thanks for commenting!
Nothing has changed with the crappy interior...same shit different model. Most do not buy a BMW for the interior. Nice interior is what you give up for the sweet drive train...at this price point anyway.
Appreciate 0