View Single Post
      04-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shundel
Thanks for the info guys! I also spoke to my SA yesterday who also confirms that parts is pretty much their own entity so I would contact them directly.

Not sure how it works regarding contacting a dealer in the US to sell me some parts. Would they ship to any location the US? Plus the CAD is so bad right now so I'm sure that will lessen the savings by a lot.

So far it looks like contacting/knowing a parts manager is the best way to go based on everyone's input. Anyone know the best way to approach the parts manager on this? Like what aspects are negotiable/non-negotiable?
Correct. Most US dealers won't ship to Canada. Plus the duty shipping (and the exchange rate) you'd be better off making local arrangements with your dealer in Vancouver. Most will start you off with 10% off. As I said, if you're a regular shopper with them, it'll increase over time.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0