View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #19
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
You contradict yourself, response in a turbo engine absolutely requires a broad torque curve, with full torque available from idle to peak revs.

This engine will be about nothing but power, it may only have circa 380 HP, but will most likely have circa 500 NM of torque available almost everywhere in the rev range.
You misinterpreted what I was saying... lol

I meant that, ..the over-all power & torque figures are not going to matter. And that evein if.. 450ft-lbs @ 1,300rpms... TRACTION would be more of a problem, than the M2 only coming in @ 380ft-lbs..?

That, the actual "loss" of final HP/TQ claims, to the M4, are/will be superficial. Because the final HP & TQ numbers are not going to hinder the M2's performance. The M2 without question will be a much more focused car than the M4. It will also be much more capable than the M4, just look at the M235i R.

So, knowing the n55.. knowing that power & torque are bountiful, I'd rather have BMW focus on the engine's response, tranny, chassis & seating..

...than worry about someone who going to buy one and drag race it and needs to claim "480tqz.."

BTW.. I am not a HP junkie & DINAN has a 409ft-lbs unlock for my car... I just can't fit enough rubber behind it, for it to even matter..
Appreciate 0