View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #36
WI_Rob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcore View Post
I would prefer Alcantara rather than leather or sensatec simply because of heat. Those who live in the south in US ought to understand how hot a black on black car will get. It's not very professional to get out of a car in dress and be profoundly sweaty.
Very good point regarding heat. The opposite holds true for drivers in the northern US… It's April 15th… and it was 14 degrees F when I left home this morning. We received nearly 3 inches of fresh snow yesterday! Cold is a fact of life for 5-6 months for many of us…

Leather or leatherette can be downright uncomfortable in subzero temps! Alcantara, on the other hand, is a LOT more comfortable when cold.

Plus, the photos shown earlier in this thread show a sporty interior that looks fantastic!

My main misgiving about the 2 series has been the interior options… I'm not generally "flashy", but I'm seriously considering the CR leather simply because I don't want the "all black cave" or nearly white carpets & plastics with the Oyster option. (Oyster leather with black carpets and plastics might be a great combination, but it's not an option, as I understand the M235i config).

When I test drove cars a couple of weeks ago, the one thing the Audi TTS had on the M235i was a sharper-looking interior. (Massive turbo lag, a crashy suspension, and a bunch of understeer, too… )

Anyway, the Alcantara option shown earlier in this thread solves these issues and it's sharp looking! If anyone from BMW NA is reading, I think the Alcantara would be a hit for LOTs of reasons in hot and cold climates!
Appreciate 0