04-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #33
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me View Post
Perhaps appropriate to ask here...how hot is the Dakota Black Leather for a car in the southern states of U.S.? I'm thinking Melbourne Red and black seems to be the logical choice but I am afraid it will be too hot.
Thousands have black leather in SoCal and do OK, but I didn't like it. Always sweating. Everytime I got to work my shirt was wet even on normal days. I got used to it and it's fine BUT now that I have Alcantara/cloth in my ZHP, I like it much more. They don't get cold in the morning and don't get hot. My daughter burned her leg a bit on hot days with leather too but shes 8 now and smarted up. Lighter colors are a little better but also don't look as good as black.

With all this said, I'm trying to keep the thread focused on BMW giving US the option to get this really cool interior. I'm worried it will break down into a leather vs cloth debate. For me, I like this better in California but I just think it also looks better, is better for spirited driving since you slip less in the seat and it bums me out that BMW USA won't give the US a choice.

Someone also said that the take rates are low for this. Possibly but we don't know because they don't offer it. Secondly, most US cars are ordered by dealers and they order leather because they make more money off it and previous Alcantara interiors were not as cool as this with the blue thread, etc. As much as I like the ZHP interior, this one is visually stunning. I think the USA deserves the choice!
Appreciate 0