Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Well it might be since you own a 135is, that car is gorgeous.

But looking at these spy pics, the side and rear look exactly like my 128i (non msport). If someone showed me these pics and told me it was an LCI for the 128i I wouldn't be surprised. It just looks like the taillight and rims are different.

Now, the front is definitely different, but I can't comment if it's better or worse then what I currently have since it's still heavily camoed

Edit: I'm sure you already know, but these pictures are probabaly for an 220i or 228i. From the grilles, it looks to be a modern line trim
agree about the rear, however it's MUCH more rounded and soft overall though. It looks like the rear taillights are overall carrying the same look as the current car----with a bit more of an influence from the rest of the BMW range.

what really throws me off though is how rounded everything is. As someone who grew up loving BMW design for its straight lines and sharp edges, this new design language is very different to what i've known BMWs for. Even the E46, which was 'softer' than the E36 still had its fair share of straight lines and definite angles.

Everything moves on though...and if this is the evolution of a great car then so be it!!! I will still definitely consider one after my time in this 4 week-old 135is!
Appreciate 0