03-09-2020, 05:43 PM   #88
Kemps2Fast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i 18 - M240ix 20 - M3C 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by viniebenet3 View Post
Hey all, I've been in the market for a new BMW for a few months now and I was hoping to get a few opinions on the 2 series vs. The M2.

Things like, what are they like to drive daily, which would probably be better in the snow, how accessible are the components for repair work, and some thoughts or opinions on anyone who's owned or driven them. For reference I plan on only getting it in manual. I'm also open to the M sport 440i with X drive.

Any comments or opinions would be really appreciated!
Hey man, I own a 2017 230i xDrive and it is a really underrated car. There are very few cars on the road that can keep up with its quick acceleration and transition through turns. I have owned an Audi S3 and it was average in comparison to the 230i. Additionally, I have been driving the G20 330i loaner the past 2 days and that is not the move either. The drive quality is smooth but is way too big and makes the 2 series feel like an M2. Before the 330i loaner, I had a 440i xDrive for one day and the car was similar to the 2020 330i with a lot more power and similar handling ability to the 2 series, but really lacks the snappiness and diverse drive the 2 series offers. Overall, you would have to beat me with a baseball bat with nails in it to get me to trade my car for either option.
Appreciate 0