04-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #41
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNnorth View Post
My salesguy verified this today, says that July 17th is first build date for the 2018 230i; therefore, he says, orders for them will begin in late May or early June.

Since I, too, am preparing to order a 230i and am trying to spec a version that skips the fluff, I appreciate all the feedback in this thread. Looks like there's a real range of priorities in the opinions, everything from wanting a practical daily driver to preferring a potential track-day car. That brings up a question I have: some of you recommend the lighting package.....does that package actually hold a significant practical benefit (e.g. shines farther ahead), or is it primarily a "cool factor" item?
For me having the cat eyes was a must. Also, it's been widely reported that the halogen bulbs are crap. Obviously you can address that with aftermarket bulbs. Retrofitting the HIDs after going with the halogen setup is more expensive than just getting the option from the dealer and hard to piece together. Lastly, the turning of the headlights into corners is actually really really nice. I have to go down a road with no streetlights to get to my neighborhood, so it's been very nice for that.

Regardless of which route you go you'll likely need to adjust the aim of the lights. They come pointing too low from the factory.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0