View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Okay so a little more info since I realized I didn't explain enough after reading your post.

I live in Wisconsin. The 135 is my first convertible. I always wanted one so when I had the chance I thought why not? Being in Wisconsin we get 3-4 months of great weather above 50 degrees F. I have driven Rear wheel all my life so winter tires and I daily drive my vert every day for the past 4 years. There are some days where It would be nice but when I leave work I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and dress pants and its 88 degrees and humid and while I would normally not want to be "in the sun" I find myself putting the top down and donning a hat " male pattern baldness is creeping up on me" and drive with the AC running which feels just odd.

because of our fickle weather I try to drive with the top down as much as possible which has started to lose its luster no going on 4 years.

[...]
Heh--you describe the closest thing we get to ideal top-down weather in Texas :-) I run my A/C a lot of the time with the top down. I also run my heater with the top down in the winter. That's just using the tools that you have; there's no reason to feel odd when you do it. (For the record, my top is down probably 90% of the time year round.)

But if you really would rather not be top down under those conditions on that particular day, but do so because you feel like you have to, then you've gotten no benefit.

There should be some sort of sharing program where convertibles can go live with northern drivers in the summer and southern drivers in the winter :-)
Appreciate 0