View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I'm not going to try to talk you into or out of the M235i. It is a very fine car, but you have to weigh the pros and cons.

So a question: how long have you been considering the M235i as a replacement vehicle? If not long, I suggest thinking about it for a while. Read all of the reviews and road tests you can find.

Then, go back and take another test drive for yourself; perhaps even a 3rd test drive. Run the financial numbers, too.

I spent a full year looking for my "dream car." The car I was driving was low mileage and reliable, so I was definitely not in a bind or a rush to buy a new car. At first, I wasn't really sure what I wanted, but I did know that I wanted really good performance and handling. In general, the encompasses a lot of choices. In the end, I wanted at least a little 4-seat practicality, fold down rear seats for my RC models, reasonable MPG and good quality.

I'm glad I took my time and considered a wide range of sports cars. I think because I took the time adds to my complete satisfaction with my eventual choice. No regrets.

BTW, my trade-in was a 2004 Mazda RX-8, which I had owned for almost 10 years.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0