Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
Me thinks the 2 appeals to a much broader market than the 1 did because everything else has moved so far upmarket. I remember in 2008 speccing my m3 for euro delivery and it had a base price of 48.800. I know msrp and euro srp aren't exactly the same, but still...
Good point. People shopping 4s will have a hard look at the 2. To me and some others, the 2 is the right size for a coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
I agree. These cars are getting too big. My e90 is at the upper limit in terms of the size I want. When I have an f loaner, I feel like I'm floating along in a boat. The 2 is a re-imagined e46. I like it. And once a 4 door model hits US shores (but not in hatchback form) I expect this series will sell like gangbusters. That is until 6-7 years from now when everything moves upmarket again and bmw introduces the -1 series to compensate. Or maybe they'll just bring back the isetta?
Yea, I agree, and it comes down to what we're used to. I have a hard time driving an E9x size-wise. So while the size of the 2 looks to be a re-imagined e-46 (so is the 1 by that rationale), the key is whether or not it will _feel_ like the e46. No Fx-based car I've driven has felt anything like it. I'm not saying they're worse; I'm just saying I don't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
...and let the bleating begin by those whose cars just became "not the current version."
...and let the bleating begin by those who "have to have the latest and greatest..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
I don't own a 135 and I think the 2 looks great. They got rid of that terrible character line that made the 1 series look like a little piggy.

This is going to be temptation for anyone considering a 4 series, especially since it doesn't look like the interiors are much different between the two.
I do own a 135 and I also think the 2 looks great. The rear is off, but that might be fixable with a different diffuser.

Sorry you don't like the 1. I don't like the fat fiver, but I'm glad you do.
Why do you care at all what I like?